Our cats and kittens love toys to play with and having fun toys stops them from getting bored while they are waiting to find their forever home. You can make paper butterflies for our cats and kittens by following the instructions below.
Remember to ask your parent's or guardian's permission before making these toys or giving them to your own pets to play with. Cats should always be supervised when playing with this toy.
Parents: It is your responsibility to ensure that this project and this toy are appropriate for your child and your pet.
- 2 pieces of craft or coloured paper
- 20cm of strong or wool (a pipe cleaner can be used if you are making this toy for your own cat at home. Pipe cleaners often have sharp ends so make sure you fold these in tightly and always supervise your cat when they play with this toy).
- Fold paper in half diagonally to make a triangle.
- Working from center line out make zig zag folds about 1cm, one half then the other.
- Repeat with second piece of paper.
- Pinch together at center.
- Wrap firmly with string and knot to secure, leave a little bit of string either side to resemble antennae.
- Open up wings and flatten edges to hold wing shape open.
Many thanks from the cats and kittens at SPCA.
Go Back Download Instructions