Mice need a place where they can hide, sleep, and perform nesting behaviours. You can make them an awesome little mouse house using popsicle sticks - follow the directions below or get creative with your mouse house!
- Non-toxic glue
- Popsicle sticks
- Start by constructing the top and bottom of your mouse house by glueing three popsicle sticks horizontally across a line of popsicle sticks.
- Next, begin stacking a few popsicles sticks, alternating between the ends and sides.
- Cut the ends off of some of the popsicles sticks (approximately 4cm long), as well as some small rectangle pieces.
- One side of the house needs to remain open so your mice can easily enter and exit. You can do this by using the small rectangles pieces to create the gap on the sides.
- Once you’ve constructed a few layers, you can begin to make the window with the 4cm pieces. Use the rectangles to create a gap again.
- After a few layers for the window, switch to stacking the full size popsicles sticks again.
- Finish your mouse house by glueing the roof to the top of the house. Be sure it is fully dry before giving it to your mice!
Go Back Download Instructions