If you (or someone in your family) knows how to sew, then our smaller animals would love for you to make them some mini curtains for their enclosures. Mini curtains can give cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and other small animals partial enclosure cover, helping them to feel safe and comfortable.
- Sewing machine & needle and
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Scissors and pencil
- Sewing pins and safety pin
- Flat elastic
- Scrap material
- Measure and cut a 38cm x 91cm piece of fabric.
- Hem all sides: Turn each side under 0.5cm, then again another 0.5cm. Next, pin in place and sew.
- Fold the top side (91cm side) over 4cm and sew a line of stitching along interior edge.
- Sew a second line of stitching 2cm away from interior edge (to makesleeve for the flat elastic).
- Cut a strip of elastic (30cm) and attacha safety pin to one end. Pull elastic through the 2cm sleeve by pushing the safety pin through. Remember: don’t pull the elastic right through, stop 2cm from the end and sew in place at both ends (go over it a few times so it will not pull loose).
- Cut two small strips of elastic cord. Fold elastic in half and tie both ends into a single knot or sew ends together. Slip the knotted end of elastic into the 2cm sleeve. Sew back and forth over the end of the 2cm sleeve end making sure to sew over the elastic cord, securing the knot inside.
- Hand or machine sew a button to each end of the 2cm sleeve and you’re done!
Go Back Download Instructions