Mice are expert climbers. This DIY enrichment ladder is a great way for mice to express their normal, natural climbing behaviours - it is also a fantastic and easy way to increase the play area of their enclosure!
- Cardboard tubes
- Start by cutting a straight line through one side of each cardboard tube.
- Next, tightly roll each cardboard tube. You can use a pen or pencil to help.
- With the help of an adult, use a nail to make a hole from one side of the cardboard tube through to the other side on each end. Be sure to take care!
- Cut three lengths of twine and tie a knot, leaving some extra twine at the
top. Next, plait down about 7-8cm.
- Thread the middle piece of twine from the plait through the hole in the cardboard tube.
- Continue the plait for 2-3cm on the other side of the cardboard tube, then
add another tube. Do the same on the other side as well.
- Complete the ladder with another 7-8cm plait at the end. Be sure to leave extra length if donating to SPCA!
Go Back Download Instructions