Our cats and kittens love toys to play with and having fun toys stops them from getting bored while they waiting to find their forever home.You can make crochet mice for our cats and kittens by following the instructions below.
Remember to ask your parent's or guardian's permission before making these toys or giving them to your own pets to play with. Cats should always be supervised when playing with this toy.
Parents: It is your responsibility to ensure that this project and this toy are appropriate for your child and your pet.
1. Adjustable loop with 6st (6)
2. 2sc in each (12)
3. 1sc then 2sc in next st (18)
4. 1sc in next 2st then 2sc in next st (24)
5-6. 1sc in each st for 2 rows
7. 1sc in next 2st then 2tog (18)
8-9. 1sc in each st for 2 rows
10. 1sc in next 7st then 2tog (16)
11. 1sc in next 6st then 2tog (14)
12. 1sc in next 5st then 2tog (12) *start stuffing the body. Stuff it firm, pushing the stuffing into the sides near the back end to give the body a more triangular shape.
13. 1sc the 2tog (8) *stuff more as needed. Make sure you are going to be happy with how the head looks before finishing off this row.
14. 2tog twice then f/o leaving a long tail for sewing, you will also be using this wool tail to crochet a chain for the tail. Using a wool needle, neatly weave in and out of the remaining stitches, pull tight to close the gap and neatly knot off then pull the wool tail inside the body and right out the back through the magic circle you started the body with.
Chain any length you want the tail then f/o and weave the wool tail in and out along the chain and knot it off once you reach the body. Hide the remaining wool tail inside the body
Many thanks from the cats and kittens at SPCA.